NEW PAY RATES! $16.50+ per hour depending on experience.
2nd shift hours 4:30 PM - 3:00 AM - Training on 1st shift
Earn an additional $2/hr on 2nd shift!
$2,500 sign-on bonus!
.UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT*
$100 Bonus to ALL fully vaccinated new hires!
Morgan Truck Body, the largest truck body manufacturer in North America, has opportunities for General Laborers/Assemblers!
We promote almost 100% of our production leaders from within. Most start their leadership career in this general laborer/assembler role. Your first promotion can occur between your 6th and 12th month of employment.
Our generous benefits include paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, and 80% tuition reimbursement as well as many others!
The General Laborer/Assembler is responsible for building and assembly of a multitude of pieces as well as completed truck bodies.
You will receive on the job training for:
- B asic math, tape measurement, and computer skills
- Working with hand and power tools
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Read and interpret: orders and specifications, blueprints, instructions and labels which may contain hazardous warnings and cautions
- Cut wood or metals to specific sizes using a variety of saws, sheers and cutters
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets or fasteners
- Operate pneumatic tools and hand tools
- Perform set up of machine and preventative maintenance as required
- Examine finished project for quality and defects
- Perform safety and quality checks
- Work and adhere to all safety policies
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- Previous experience in manufacturing
- Previous experience working on truck bodies
- Construction experience is a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.