Apply for this job now
Assistant Director of Rehab
- Lake Placid, New York
- $44.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 31 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of others. Join our team today! Overview:
The Assistant Director of Rehabilitation Services team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. This position is responsible for administering skilled therapy treatments ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. This position assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Rehabilitation Services during absences as assigned.
THIS IS A ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF THERAPY POSITION. PT, OT, SLP License required.
1. Assumes the duties of the Director of Rehabilitation Services in absence of the Director.
2. Initiates skilled therapy treatments in accordance with physician s orders and rehabilitation goals; maintains required contract with physician.
3. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and discharge summaries for residents in therapy program according to state, federal and facility policies; makes written recommendations for inter-disciplinary care planning and treatment.
4. Collaborates with other members of the inter-disciplinary health care team to integrate rehabilitation goals into the comprehensive care plan.
5. Provides input for Resident Care Planning (RCP) and Resident/Family Care Plan Review meetings; attends when appropriate; completes required documentation after the meetings.
6. Maintains statistical records of residents treatments.
7. Assists with education and in-service trainings when needed.
8. Records and updates residents care plan(s).
9. Informs resident or qualified representative about care and treatment plan and possible outcomes of treatment, or lack of treatment if resident refuses participation in a therapy program.
10. Orients, trains and supervises departmental personnel; assists with students assigned to the facility or educational programs.
11. Compiles and submits requisitions for supplies and equipment.
12. Acts as direct report for Therapy/Rehab personnel in conjunction with Director.
13. Ensures all documentation is processed accurately and timely.
14. Leads departmental meetings (in Director s absence) and attends the following inter-departmental meetings when appropriate:
a. Resident Care Planning
b. Quality Assurance Committee
c. Quality Assessment and Review Committee
d. Morning Report
e. Safety Committee
f. In-service Education
g. Staff Meeting for Department heads and Supervisors
15. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and working as scheduled; responsible for own transportation.
16. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system, if required.
17. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
18. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
19. Attends facility meetings, staff meetings, and required or preferred in-services.
20. Generates and develops ideas which improve the quality of care for residents or increase position productivity and satisfaction.
21. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
22. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and ability to reference them from appropriate manual.
23. Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards residents, staff and visitors.
24. Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
25. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
26. Supports and abides by Elderwood s Mission, Vision, and Values.
27. Abides by Elderwood s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
28. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Base wages increase with experience!
Base salary starting at (note: salary increases with experience): USD $44.00/Hr. Qualifications:
Licensed Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist professionally educated in an accredited curriculum with a baccalaureate degree
License to practice in the state in which work is performed
Must have interest in working with the elderly and respect the rights of residents during care and treatment services
Displays genuine concern for the elderly and patient and compassionate attitude
Current, valid CPR/BLS certification
Possession of ability to teach, inspire and motivate others; ability to organize workload, delegate assignments and promote teamwork required
Experience in the geriatric field of Occupational/Physical Therapy or
Speech Language Pathology preferred
Experience with computer hardware and software including
Microsoft Office preferred
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Job Reference: 698908421-2
- Date Posted: 31 August 2022
- Recruiter: Elderwood
- Location: Lake Placid, New York
- Salary: $44.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Executive Positions
- Job Type: Permanent